Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Happy, happy, happy birthday! BIRTHDAY!!

The title is actually a song my brother Adam wrote for our sister Nancy. It's a great birthday song, especially my part of it...lol Today is Ashley's birthday. I'm so bad at doing "special" things for her special day. I ruin surprises, I leave messes for her to clean (ie dishes in the sink, poopy diapers, etc), my plans just never seem to work out the way I would like (you should hear how I ruined the marriage proposal). I made her breakfast in bed, hence the mess. I know she thinks her birthday won't be much fun, I'll do my best to make it better.

Ash I want you to know how glad I am that I suckered you into marrying me. Early in our relationship I heard older couples say that they love their "sweety" more now than they did when they were first married. I didn't think that was even possible but I now understand what they are talking about. You complete me...lol. I have realized in the recent past that you give me such strength. Strength to be a better man, a better father, a better husband. I look forward to our future together. You are a special woman. When I say, "special" I mean talented, beautiful, caring, determined, nurturing, funny, athletic [enter any other great characteristics here].

You hold my heart and that is probably the best gift I could give you, not to say that it will be the only gift hehehe. I love you and would do anything for you. Happy Birthday!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sweetheart
    I wish you the happiest birthday ever!
    I am so grateful for you! You are an awesome person, a great wife and a wonderful mother, (besides a wonderful daughter!) I am so grateful for you. You are a blessing. Happy Birthday. You deserve it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Ash! Did you get my card? I sure hope so... I'd hate for you to think i forgot.
    And you can use "my" birthday song. I don't mind. :)
    I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ash, I have only three words for you...

    I
    Adore
    You

    :)

    LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete